Crown is a cap that goes over the teeth to protect what is left of them enhancing its strength and appearance.
Crowns can be used to:
- support teeth with large fillings especially where there is hardly any original tooth structure left
- strenghten and restore badly broken down teeth
- treat and protect cracked teeth
- strengthen and protect root canal treated teeth
- improve the appearance of malformed and discoloured teeth where veneers are not suitable
Bridge is an appliance permanently fixed in the mouth to replace missing teeth. It uses remaining teeth to support the new artificial tooth or teeth.